Sunday, September 14, 2008

Class is under way. Homework and reading is mounting. I can only do so much reading. It is time to get away from books and people and enjoy some nature. Ashley from class and I decided to hit the trails 15 minutes from my home and hike to see a waterfall.

The hike was absolutely beautiful as we descended into the canyon. Each steep step I took down I became worried and painfully aware that this will be the same path back. Ooo this will be a steep climb back. As we descended it became more and more beautiful. There were cabins along the path that were privately owned. This was the longest two miles EVER! Then finally there it was, the waterfall. The sun was coming down through the trees. It was quite serene. I could have spent the afternoon there. But no after catching my breath it was time to climb on out. After reaching the top I took a picture and came to the sad realization that it was not just a morning fog settling into the canyon, but that it was smog. I was thankful for the peacful time at the waterfall. It was great to be reminded that nature was so close!


No comments: